In the first five years of teaching more than 50% of teachers leave the teaching profession. I came dangerously close to becoming a part of this statistic after numerous burn outs throughout my first four years. I want to do something to change this and so every Monday I will be a mentor by sharing my teaching resources and classroom tips.
Creating resources is where I get to put to use my creativity and my writing background and I want them to have a larger audience. Feel free to share, use and adapt my resources.
- Understand exactly how pervasive advertising is in my own life
- Understand the terms Contention and Intention and apply them to advertising examples
- Develop knowledge about Anti-Bullying Advertising, and apply understanding of contention and intention
- To become familiar with persuasive language techniques
- To become familiar with persuasive visual techniques
- Know the persuasive elements and use these to analyse print ads and write an analytical paragraph
- To identify and annotate written and visual persuasive techniques used
- To complete a common formative assessment analysing two anti bullying advertisements and write a analysis essay
- To complete assessment task analysing anti-bullying advertisements and writing an analysis essay