In the first five years of teaching more than 50% of teachers leave the teaching profession. I came dangerously close to becoming a part of this statistic after numerous burn outs throughout my first four years. I want to do something to change this and so every Monday I will be a mentor by sharing my teaching resources and classroom tips.
Creating resources is where I get to put to use my creativity and my writing background and I want them to have a larger audience. Feel free to share, use and adapt my resources.
The three poems are:
- Out of the Blue by Simon Armitage
- No More Boomarang by Oodgerie Noonuccal’
- Charge of the Light Brigade by Alfred Lord Tennyson
Included are PowerPoints that take students through the background context and include information about the poets.
Out of the Blue PowerPoint
No More Boomerang PowerPoint
Charge of the Light Brigade PowerPoint
|File Size:||126 kb|
Poetry Analysis Booklet
- To establish our understanding of poetry
- To learn poetic techniques
- To understand what is poetry analysis
- To analyse and interpret an extract from Simon Armitage’s poem ‘Out of the ‘Blue’
- To write out an analysis of poem Out of the Blue Poetry using scaffold
- To write a poetry analysis of Out of the Blue poem using a modified scaffold
- To analyse and interpret Oodgerie Noonuccal’s poem ‘NO MORE BOOMERANG’
- LTo write out an analysis of the poem ‘No More Boomerang’ using scaffold
- To write out poetry analysis of poem No More Boomerang using a modified scaffold
- To analyse and interpret ALFRED LORD TENNYSON’S poem ‘CHARGE OF THE LIGHT BRIGADE’
- To write out a poetry analysis of poem Charge of the Light Brigade using scaffold
- To write out a poetry analysis of poem Charge of the Light Brigade using a modified scaffold
The sentence starter models are based on the book The Student Guide to Writing Better Sentences in the Classroom by Ticking Mind. This book is a incredible resource and I can't recommend it highly enough.
I have done a few professional learning workshops and bought units of work from Ticking Mind and they are brilliant resources.